Thursday 21 April 2011

The best thing since sliced bread...

We did my questions a day early with it being Easter, will you be having a lie in tomorrow, I certainly will. I have a Google ban Monday to Friday so these were the questions I have been wanting to know the answers to all week...  
How tall would uncut grass grow before it stopped growing?Neil from Ferndale Garden Centre said… this is well clever…that modern grass is cultivated not to grow very tall! So we don’t need to cut it so often! Wow!  

Why do we give chocolate eggs to mark Jesus being crucified?It all comes down to an egg symbolising re-birth and new life, and 8 year old little William told me people had a debate to change it and give each other chocolate as a nice thing. Ahhhhh. I would have liked to join in that debate.

What was the best thing before they invented sliced bread?You know the saying ‘that is the best thing since sliced bread!’ Well what was the best thing before that? We had lots of suggests for this. Fred said the answer was Y-Fronts, Gemma Hayes said cake and Natalie Shimwell said Lurpak! Ummm… what do you reckon?

Happy Easter!

No comments:

Post a Comment