Friday 24 June 2011

‘Made in Brazil’

I went to eat my banana the other day and it had a sticker on saying… ‘Made in Brazil’. BRAZIL!!!

How the eck does a banana get from Brazil to here, how long does it take AND how come they don’t go off during the journey. Immediately I went to Google then…I realised… I CAN’T FIND THIS OUT NOW. I have a ban placed Monday-Friday every week by Big John, that I’m not allowed to use the internet to find things out. Which is why that was one of my questions this morning.

A lovely lady called Liz rang who actually supplies bananas to supermarkets!! Well, she doesn’t, the company she works for does. She said it takes 21days for them to come on a boat and they keep them warm so they are still think they are somewhere hot and sunny. Then they go yellow in 2-3 days when they arrive, they are originally green! Wow!


Other questions that have puzzled me this week include…
Can you get crickets in England? Normally you hear them on holiday but I’m sure I heard them over Bolehill Park when I walked my dog. Tim from Lizard Lounge in Hillsborough supplies crickets, he said they are 3 different types, one of them actually bred in England! That’s probably what I heard.

My last question has been driving me crazy, I thought I was going mad. On Penistone Rd, as you drive into Sheffield near Mecca bingo, there’s a tower. Sometimes it’s high, and then other times its low! What's it for? It is actually moving and thanks for telling me why. It has gas in it! When the tower is high it’s full of gas and when it’s low it’s nearly empty! As if!! A tower of gas!  


This is what you can look forward to, next week on Big John @ Breakfast...


This Week: Scouting For Girls by BigJohnHallamFM

No comments:

Post a Comment